Monday, April 10, 2006

I Think...

...that being a computer programmer is one of the few places someone can ask, "Have you ever found yourself on the wrong end of a bidirectional relationship?" and I'd have to answer, "Yes. Who hasn't? But I've always tried to join appropriately given my performance concerns."

It is beautiful here in Minnesota. Gorgeous. Wonderful. It's why people put up with the rest of the crap in Minnesota. Everyone is outside - grilling, chilling, willing the weather never to change. No bugs, just an edge of cool in a whole bunch of warmth with an impending perfect evening. And it was good commuting by bike weather as well - just enough to make your nipples cold, but not so much as to require a second jacket.

As for substance...I'll be piggybacking. After School Snack has a post up about what it's like to live in El Dakota...whoops...El Salvador...where abortion is completely illegal under all circumstances. I hope I never have to hear the phrase " forensic vagina inspectors " again. And as for the rest: " stories of women sticking battery acid and pesticides into their vaginas as abortifacients, women serving sentences of 30 years for having an abortion, forced vaginal examinations for any miscarriage"...ugh. Yeah...f-in' paradise.

And Smartie at Power Liberal has a post that I was still remembering after two Summits at the company happy hour: 101 Issues more important than Michele Bachmann and her stupid amendment proposal (I paraphrase...and Smartie, did you mispell her name on purpose? Two l's together implies "lesbian". After all, they're touching): "Class sizes; War in Iraq; Special Ed funding; War in Afghanistan; Graduation rates; Renewable energy; Traffic; Conservation; Government corruption; Higher Ed. funding; Trade deficit; Bird flu; Terrorism; Iran; Preschool/Headstart funding; School funding; Drug war policy; Other pandemics/diseases/etc.; Education equality; Student loan funding"...and 81 others. By the way, don't forget shrinking cubical sizes...that one impacts me personally and is far more important than a gay marriage amendment.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So are you saying the perfect bike commute involves making your nipples cold? ;)

Scooter said...

If your nipples are cold, you're likely not to be sweating (much)...unless it's some sort of sex game, and that's just not safe on a bike...unless it's on a trainer. And I'd hate to get some sort of cold nipple Pavlovian response to my bike trainer, so that's not going to happen.

Speaking of biking - any chance you want a brike?

Anonymous said...

Are you talking about the vehicle that's like a recumbent bike that you pedal with your hands? I'm not sure I'd have much use for one - I don't use my regular bike enough as it is.

Did you come across some sort of really good "buy one brike, get one free" deal or something?

Scooter said...

No no...you sit on it, it has three wheels, but it doesn't have handle bars, you just lean a lot. It's in my shed and I never use it.