- Going back to work after nine weeks out of office. I'm trying to put in a good showing and demonstrate I can provide value immediately. I'm a bit of an ass kiss, just without any intention to kiss ass. I just like to do a good job.
- Physical therapy - I am exhausted after pretending to walk without a limp all day, and then doing exercises in the evening to ensure I'm back on my bicycling as soon as possible.
- Snarky - since we moved to concerning ourselves about SEO and attaching significant text to every blog post, it's gotten more intensive. Add to that the fact that I'm trying to make up for lost time sucking up my coauthor's time, and I'm putting in a lot of writing.
- A reading habit developed during my convalescence - I spent a lot of time reading whatever looked interesting on the Kindle app on my iPad. I'm in a reading habit. I could have blogged about all those books - many of them so new I'm not sure you could find them in stores, only in bytes - but I didn't. I used that time to read some more.
- Making up for lost time - family things. Going to Beyond the Black Rainbow at the Trylon with Kyle (plus a peanut butter burger - called a jiffy - at the Blue Door). Erik's last gig this weekend. Breakfast with whomever will have me. A weekend out with Adam and Kyle to Wisconsin coming soon. Covering an application release weekend, despite not having to (see #1). Reading a book to my daughter and hanging with her when I can.
- Other writing - damn it, I took a break to gain some perspective on my book, found it, and now I have to implement it. And I have another writing project.
- Just talking to everyone I missed over the last two plus months.
I've got no intent to give up my blog. It's therapeutic to scribble out here. I apologize, but your reading doesn't matter as much as my mental health. I'm making an effort to get back into the groove of things.