Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Memes and Masks

First off, go see She Says' mask collection - she needs a place with more walls. I'm really not qualified to say whether that collection says anything deep about lawyer-ing, but it must be handy to have when you want to practice your mock trials.

And...because I read Generic Heretic, I'm going to give up my meme virginity as well...

"I'm not sure I like their plan for converting us to their religion, seeing as it involves dying and all."

The Venerable Book:
1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open it to page 161.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the sentence along with these instructions.
5. Don't search around and look for the coolest book you can find. Do what's actually next to you.

4 comments:

She says said...

LOL. Indeed. "Ladies and Gentlement of the jury..." And, yes, I need an apartment with more wall space to handle my urban sprawl.

The masks are particularly useful when I'm just muttering to myself or need a quick disguise. Which is to say, fairly often!

Anonymous said...

I have followed the Venrable Book instructions, with the following result:

"As he saw it, now that he was acting chief, his task was to find even more ingenious ways to kill and maim Soviets."

Scooter said...

Kyle, is that from the history of U.S. State Department dispatches book you got for your birthday?

Anonymous said...

Actually it came from a book I'm working my way through called Charlie Wilson's War. It's about a Democratic senator from Texas who was apparently a major motivator in orchestrating support (both domestically & internationally) for the Afghan war against the Soviets.

The line however was in reference to a CIA operative who was in charge of the logistic side of getting supplies/weapons to the Afghans. Oh, and also apparently finding even more ingenious ways to kill and maim Soviets....